Friday, September 3, 2010

This week I had the opportunity to visit a farm outside of Mannford, Oklahoma.  I met the owner on Facebook and felt like I had always known him.  One day I commented on his dog, Inez's photo on Facebook.  This is how the visit to the farm was born.  Inez is one of three rescued dogs.  She is really happy that her dad is doing the meat thing.  Her dad told me that he had recently started making sausage. 

Evidently before she was rescued a bully restrained her.  She gets very nervous if someone tries to hold her too closely.  Inez told me that she will never let this happen again.  Inez knows how to establish healthy boundaries.  She also has a very strong sense people with whom she is safe.

 Not only did I talk to Inez but also visited with several other interesting characters.  I met four horses, but the horse named George is the one who paid special attention to me.  The first thing I heard him say was, "I'm the needy one."  I laughed and turned my back to him.  This resulted in George giving me a massage with his muzzle starting at my calves and working right up to the top of the my head.  Thank you, George, for the gift.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiPam
It was so much fun to have you out. And i really appreciated you letting us know our 'old ones' are so comfortable with their aging... as you could tell we worry ;) I'm also being more aware of praising Illy for her protection!
sometime i want you to come out and do a more indepth reading of the horses, im sure george has MUCH more to tell you lol!
see you soon
molly

Post a Comment

Meet My Clients!

Followers

My Newsletter

Subscribe to my Newsletter:

Blog Updates

Enter your email address:

I'm On Twitter!

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com

Facebook

Search This Blog

free counters