Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Mr. Chips was taken into custody by the Pet Adoption League in Tulsa.  His foster mother contacted me because he had terrible separation anxiety and a number of other challenges.  When I asked him what his favorite food was, he told me wheatberry cereal with meat.  His foster told me that his previous owners gave him fast food hamburgers. 

When I asked him about his anxiety he told me that it came on so fast...like a wave.  He didn't understand it either.  He also told me he was here right now to help his foster mother prioritize and set boundaries. 

A month or so later I received a call to tell me that Mr. Chips has found a home with an elderly, but very fit and well-to-do gentleman in Stillwater.  His new dad is unbelievable happy with his new side kick.  They run around in the car together as well as enjoy long walks.  I think that Mr. Chips' new dad with have separation anxiety if he is not around. 

Sometimes we have a wait a bit for our ship to come in.  We all dream of a happy ending.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meet My Clients!

Followers

My Newsletter

Subscribe to my Newsletter:

Blog Updates

Enter your email address:

I'm On Twitter!

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com

Facebook

Search This Blog

free counters